Let me tell you How to change IMEI number in Android phone without rooting.
There were many reasons for resetting IMEI number like if you are getting some network related problems so a thought came to your mind to reset your IMEI number so I am here to help you.
There will be two situations in front of you:
- You own a Rooted Device.
- Non – Rooted device.
So if you fall in any of the above two categories then don’t worry I’ll cover for both the user’s method to change IMEI number in android.
Note: Changing IMEI number is Illegal. This tutorial is only for educational purpose only.
For Changing or restoring IMEI number you only need 1 software for non-rooted devices.
You can easily change IMEI number of any Android phone like Samsung, Motorola, Lenovo, Micromax and every Android phone available.
For those who don’t know What IMEI number is I am giving a short answer below read it:
Must Read: How to change IMEI of iPhone.
What is IMEI number – Android
IMEI – Internet Mobile Equipment Identity.
It has 15 digits and it is unique for all devices.
So we can also block this IMEI number to restrain the use of our mobile phone from the third party in case of theft or loss.
How to check IMEI number of Android Device
You can simply check the IMEI of your device by dialing #606#, you don’t have to press call button
Now let us start to change IMEI number in Android.
How to change IMEI number Android without Root for MTK Chipset
- Download Mobile Uncle App on your Android Phone.
- Open the Mobile Uncle App and select Engineering mode.
- Now Scroll down and Tap on CDS Information.
- Then select Radio Information.
- You will get two options, select Phone 2.
- There you will see an option like AT+
- Now, enter AT+ <New IMEI number> like this AT+ 012345678912345
- Then select SEND AT COMMAND
- All done, now reboot your Device.
- Now you will get New IMEI number Android.
You can also use this method to restore IMEI on Android device.
Now let see How to Change IMEI number on Rooted Device.
How to change IMEI number on Android Rooted Device –
Now follow this method to change IMEI Android in Rooted Phone:-
- Xposed Installed Rooted Device.
- IMEI changer app from Android Play store.
- Working Internet.
Steps to change IMEI number Android in Rooted Device
- First of all, follow the above method to check your IMEI number by dialing *#06# and save your IMEI number anywhere.
- You must save your original IMEI number before proceeding further.
- Now open Xposed >> Module and tick on IMEI changer apk as a module.
- After this reboot your Device.
- Now after reboot, you will get original IMEI and new IMEI number.
- Enter New IMEI number on New IMEI number box.
- Now click on Apply.
- All done, reboot your Device to see new IMEI number Android.
Note: Author is not responsible if you damage your device.
So, guys, these are the two methods for the rooted and unrooted device.
If you face any problem in changing IMEI in Android you can comment below we can solve your problem.
You can also reset IMEI number / restore IMEI number whenever you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe our blog via email to receive such cool tricks in your inbox.