Hey Moto Fans, Today we are publishing the guide to root the new Motorola Moto P30. The guide contains the full process to root Motorola Moto P30. As always we know rooting the Motorola Phone consists of 3 steps. We will share the step by step guide. Keep reading below. 🙂
If you are not familiar with the rooting process you can read here >> What is Rooting
Motorola launched P30 at very good pricing as we can see the above models are somewhat overpriced for the value they are serving.
But Moto P30 has nailed it. The look of Moto p30 has somewhat the same as iPhone X from behind.
The good news is Motorola has given the Notch display to P30 which we thought it will not going to happen.
The killer looks and amazing specifications of Motorola Moto p30 makes it awesome.
Motorola has been always the trusted brand in the market. So whenever I thought of buying or suggesting any phone to anyone I always recommend Motorola.
That’s why here I am writing this exclusive guide to root Motorola Moto P30 for you guys.
Before starting the guide here I am sharing the quick specifications of Motorola Moto P30.
|Key Specifications||Motorola Moto P30|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 636|
|Storage||64 GB Internal|
|Camera||16 MP Rear & 12 MP Selfie|
|SIM||Dual VoLTE Support|
Steps to successfully Root Motorola Moto P30
- Unlocking Bootloader
- Flashing Custom Recovery
How to Root Motorola Moto P30
Before heading to the rooting section we first have to unlock our device bootloader first.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Moto P30
- fully charge your device.
- Enable USB Debugging (Go to Settings > About > Software > Tap on build number few time until Developer mode turned on.)
- Then go to Developer option and search for OEM Unlock enable it.
- Minimal ADB Fastboot driver
To unlock the Bootloader of Motorola Moto P30 follow the below steps:-
- First of all, Download the ADB Fastboot driver from below link.
- After Download Install it in your system properly.
- Now Boot your phone into fastboot mode (Switch off your phone and press volume down plus power button simultaneously for few seconds)
- Now connect your device to a pc using USB Cable.
- Open ADB fastboot command window, and enter the below command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will see some strings in your screen copy them. It will help you to unlock the bootloader.
- Visit Motorola Bootload Unlock Page and accept their terms and condition and log in to your Motorola account (If you don’t have the account make one)
- Now on the new page after you log in you have to paste the copied string and make sure there are no spaces in the string and then click on “Can my device be unlocked” button.
- After this, you will receive unlock key in your mailbox.
- Now open the command box and type the below code.
fastboot oem unlock ************ (replace stars with your unlock key)
- You will see the warning that your data will be lost but don’t worry to agree with it and continue.
- Congrats your device bootloader has been unlocked.
How to Flash TWRP Custom Recovery in Moto P30
Here I am writing the steps to flash TWRP Custom Recovery follow it:-
- Download the TWRP Custom Recovery from below link.
- Now change the name of the downloaded TWRP recovery to twrp.img
- Place this file in the ADB Folder where you have extracted the zip file of Minimal & ADB Fastboot.
- Open the command p[rompt in ADB Folder and enter the below code.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- This code will flash the TWRP Recovery in your phone.
- Now enter into recovery mode by pressing volume down plus power button.
- After entering into recovery mode press volume down button and search for recovery mode once you find it press the power button to enter into it.
- You will be now on TWRP Recovery (If it asks for the password simply cancel it)
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Wipe and then tap on Format Data.
- Below you will see a swipe button to swipe it.
- On the TWRP home screen, tap on reboot then select recovery and click on Do not Install.
- Now your phone will boot into TWRP recovery again.
I would suggest you take the backup before proceeding using TWRP Recovery.
How to root Motorola Moto P30 using Magisk
We can flash Supersu or Magisk anyone. So I am writing the process to root Moto p30 using both the methods one by one. You can only flash only one method at one time. So follow any one method which suits you. Here we are flashing Magisk follow the steps below:-
- Firstly Download the latest version of Magisk from below link.
- Copy the Magisk file in the internal memory of your device.
- Now boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing volume down and power key simultaneously.
- Now go to recovery mode and tap on Install and select Magisk and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Then tap on reboot, select system & tap on Do not Install.
- Great Moto p30 has now root access.
How to Root Motorola Moto p30 using Supersu
- Download the latest version of Supersu file from below link.
- Now place the download SuperSu file in the internal memory of the device.
- Then boot your phone in the recovery mode and choose and open the recovery option.
- Click on Install and select SuperSu file and Confirm flash and swipe it.
- Now reboot your device.
- Hurrey your device has been rooted.
So we have successfully rooted our Moto P30 device so might think now what to do after rooting then there are lots of things which you can do and make your smartphone really smart. You can also see the list of must have apps after rooting.
You can choose any of the above methods either Magisk or SuperSu to root your device. Both the method is working well. But the magisk is the latest method you should definitely give it a try.
I have shared the detailed guide to root the Motorola Moto p30 which include unlocking Bootloader, Flashing custom recovery and root method using SuperSu and Magisk. So if you want to root follow this exclusive guide and If you any problem during the process please mention in the comment section of the website.