Hey guys, Today we’ll learn to root the New Motorola Moto G4 Plus. Recently Motorola Launches two Smartphones Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus, however the rooting method of both the device’s are same. If you have Moto G4 you can also follow these steps. Recently TWRP is released by our developers for Moto G4 plus & they are continuing working on the development of Motog4 Plus. So before starting the tutorial if you are not familiar with the term rooting please read here.
Benefits of Rooting Moto G4 Plus :-
- You can enhance the performance of your device plus battery.
- You can flash the Custom Rom’s & kernel for your Device.
- You can uninstall preloaded apps + block irritating ads.
- You can customize your device the way you want & much more than this.
Rooting Moto G4 Plus/ Moto G4 has 3 steps:–
- Unlocking bootloader
- Flashing Custom Recovery
So guys let’s start our step by step tutorial on ‘How to Root Moto G4 Plus’ :-
Author is not responsible if you brick/damage your device.
- Rooting may void your device warranty.
- Follow all the steps correctly otherwise your device get bricked.
- Please take full backup of your device before rooting.
- Your phone must be atleast 80% charged.
- A PC/Laptop which one you have.
- Motorola Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus Drivers.
- Minimal ADB fastboot drivers.
- TWRP recovery for Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus.
- SuperSu to root the device.
How to unlock bootloader of Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus :-
- First of all, Go to Settings>About & tap on build number 8 times, now you will see a message ‘Congratulations you are now a developer’. By tapping this option you’ll unlock the Developers Option in your device. Now go to developers option & Enable USB Debugging & allow OEM unlock.
- Now Install the ADB fastboot tools & Motorola Moto G4 Plus/ Moto G4 drivers which you’ve downloaded from above link.
- Now open the command window by pressing the shift key & right click anywhere. Now command prompt opens in your screen.
- Now switch off your device & go to fastboot mode, by pressing power off + volume up button together & connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Now type this command in Command Promt to check if your device is proper ly connected or not
6. Now to unlock the bootloader type this command & hit enter
7. Now it will show you a long string of codes which you have to copy in notepad & remove all the spaces.
8. Now go to Motorola Website & log in with your account & if you don’t have any account make one & go to unlock bootloader option & paste the string you copied from the notepad.
9. Now click on ‘Can my Device be unlocked‘ & accept their terms & conditions & request for unlocking code.
10. Now you’ll receive a mail from Motorola with a unlock code, copy that code & enter this command in command prompt with your unlock code like this.
fastboot OEM unlock (insert the code without braces)
11. Now your bootloader is unlocked.
Congrats we successfully unlocked our bootloader, now it’s time to flash a Custom Recovery.
How to flash TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus And Moto G4
- The TWRP recovery you downloaded from above link rename it to recovery.img & copy this file to ADB fastboot folder.
- Now go to ADB fastboot folder & press shift + right click anywhere & command prompt opened.
- Now enter these following commands
fastboot flash recovery.img
4. Now TWRP successfully flashed on your device.
Now reboot your device because you have to root your device.
How to root Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus.
- The file you downloaded from above link named ‘SuperSu‘ place it in the internal/external memory of your device.
- Now switch off your device & boot it into fastboot mode by pressing power off + volume up button together.
- Now select recovery option & go to install & select the SuperSu file you downloaded & flash it by swiping your finger.
Congratulations your Moto G4/ Moto G4 Plus is successfully rooted now. Now you can customize your device easily. To check the root, download the Root Checker app from playstore. If you have any problem in any step please do comment.