Hello guys, Today we’ll learn how to root ‘Motorola Moto X Play‘. It’s quite simple. But before starting i want to ask you do you know what is rooting? If no read ‘What is rooting here‘. So as you guys know rooting a Motorola device has 3 Phase, let’s see:-
- Unlocking bootloader
- Flashing Custom Recovery
So after rooting you are able to :-
- Remove Stock apps
- Increase Performance
- Improve battery life
- Free up storage
- Change the ROM
& lot more. You can do after rooting your device. So before we start tutorial i want to tell you that ‘Rooting will void your device warranty & you must take backup of your device before proceeding’. So let’s begin :-
- Motorola USB drivers, you should install it on your Windows PC
- ADB fastboot setup Install it
- TWRP recovery
- SuperSu & SuperSu Marshmallow
Author is not responsible if you brick/damage your device
How to unlock bootloader:-
1. The fastboot file you download extract it in the folder.
2. Now switch off your device & enter into fastboot mode by pressing power off + volume down key.
3. Now connect you device by data cable in fastboot mode to PC
4. Now open Command Prompt by pressing Shift + right click on your mouse.
5. Now enter this command & press Enter.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
6. Now you will see a string of codes appeared on your screen, copy the string & paste it on Notepad & remove all the spaces in the string.
7. Now visit Moto Bootloader Unlock Website & log in if you already have Motorola a/c, & if you don’t have then sign up.
8. After logging in paste the string which you have on notepad in the box which saying ‘Can my Device get Unlocked‘ and follow the instructions.
9. Now you will receive a Mail from Motorola, it contains a key now copy that key
10. Now type this command in command promt wirh your key like this-
fastboot oem unlock ( your key)
11. Now wait for the process when it’s done enter this command
12. Now your device get rebooted.
Yahooo we successfully unlocked the bootloader of Moto X Play.
Now it’s time to flash a Custom Recovery
How to flash TWRP in Moto X Play
- Switch off your device, & boot it into fastboot mode by pressing power off + volume down key.
- Connect it to PC via USB cable
- Open command prompt by pressing Shift + right click
- Now make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image that you have downloaded & enter the following command & hit enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. When it’s done reboot your Moto X Play by entering this command
6. Now your Moto X Play get rebooted.
Congrats you successfully flashed custom recovery. Now it’s final step to root.
How to root Moto X Play
- You downloaed SuperSu.zip from above link place it in internal/sd card
- Now switch off your device & go to recovery menu
- During this process your device is not connected to PC because we are flashing SuperSu via TWRP recovery.
- Now click on install & select Supersu.zip file & flash it, you have to swipe it for flashing
- Now reboot your deivce & you’re done.
Congrats again! We successfully rooted our Moto X Play, now you can do flash Custom Roms & Much more. Have fun or if you have any query please comment down.